– Irrigation water comes from three entry points that merge, the flow from these points are measured using 1.5ft ramp flumes equipped with pressure transducers.
– Inflow to the filter strip is measured with a 1.5ft ramp flume equipped with a bubbler to measure stage and flow.
– Runoff is directed into the vegetative filter strip through a low gradient ditch, and sheet flow is created through small cuts in this ditch.
– Portable Water Samplers are located at the inflow of the filter strip and outflow of the filter strip to sample runoff as it enters the filter strip and where it exits. Thus, allowing for an evaluation of the effectiveness of the filter strip.
– Samples are tested for N, P, TSS (sediment), and Ecoli/Coliforms